You’ve probably already heard about single ended and double ended dreads. Are you unsure about which one is the best for you?
Why is double ended dreads so popular?
It provides a thicker effect, as it doubles the volume.
Dreads made of wool are much lighter than synthetic ones.
It’s very easy to install, you just braid it into your hair.
The braiding is less visible since it is covered by one of the two dreads.
You can achieve an explicitly thicker effect with it even if your hair is thin and you have to braid in the dread extensions using larger sections.
@boholucydreads What are double ended wool dreads? #dreadstutorials #installdreads #dreadlockshairstyle #bohodreads ♬ Winning - ROKKA
Single ended wool dreads end in a loop on one end, which is used for braiding it into your hair. It is a perfect supplement to go with the double ended.
What is single ended dreads good for?
- It is more comfortable to be used on more sensitive areas, like the hairline.
- Accordingly, it’s the best choice if you only wish to braid in a few accents to the back of your head
- It is even lighter than double ended ones.
- Your braided hair is more visible. However, you can also get creative with braiding to achieve an ombre effect.
- You can also attach it to your own dreadlocks as decoration.
- You will need a crochet hook or hair loop tool to braid it in. But apart from that, it’s just as easy to install as double ended dreads.
@boholucydreads What are single ended dreads? #dreadturial #installdreads #dreadlockshairstyle #sedreadlocks ♬ stellar - .diedlonely & énouement
Take advantage of both types and get a mixed set to install! Use single ended on the sensitive areas of your scalp, and the hairline, and add extra volume to your hairstyle with the double ended.
We'll teach you the simplest wool dreadlock installation technique that you can easily learn yourself or get a friend or family member to help.